By Sanjay Kumar
Many of us suffer from bloating and it can be quite uncomfortable. You’ve been working out regularly and you suddenly start to feel bloated, if this sounds familiar you’re not alone. Well, bloating is caused by many other factors than skipping workouts. It could be due to intolerance for certain food or constipation or even low intake of fluids. Here is how to prevent bloating in some quick and easy ways:
1.Fiber to the rescue: Consume lots and lots of fiber. If your diet lacks fiber or is low in fiber it can lead to constipation and bloating. Grains, vegetables, and fruits are a great source of fiber. While women need to consume 25 grams of fiber a day must consume 38 grams of fiber a day to avoid bloating.
2. Say no to fizzy drinks: Carbonated drinks have fizz that can cause your belly to expand and make you feel uneasy and bloated. Instead, opt for flavored water or infuse your water with some fresh fruits like strawberries, blueberries, orange slices.
3. Avoid beans and other vegetables that make you gaseous: Sometimes certain vegetables can give you a gassy feeling. Vegetables like beans and broccoli need not be eliminated completed from the diet since they have a high nutrition value but you can add them to your diet in smaller quantities.
4. Limit sodium intake: Processed foods like potato chips tend to be high in sodium which can contribute to that bloated feeling. Always read food labels before consuming food items to check for sodium levels.
5. Rule out food allergies and intolerance to any food item: Food allergies and intolerances are very common but sometimes we fail to detect them. Eating foods that you are intolerant to, can cause excess gas production and lead to bloating.
6. Avoid artificial sweeteners: Artificial sweeteners are proven to be more harmful than natural sweeteners. Experts suggest that one should not consume more than 2 or 3 servings of artificially sweetened foods and drinks per day. You could also replace sugar with jaggery for a healthier option.
7. Give your abs a nice workout: Ab exercises help strengthen and tone the abdominal muscles and make your belly appear flatter. It also helps in improving your posture naturally. Just give your abs a 15-20 minute workout daily, you could go for pilates and planks to target your core.